Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Weather outside is Frightful!

Hi Everyone!

The weather outside actually isnt bad at all it went from 38 degrees to decently warm and sunny J  but i didnt know what else to name this post, and I named my last post "Let it snow" so I went with another holiday title heehee!So I wasnt quite sure what to do with my nails... so a little bit of everything just makes sense!

I used so many things: Salleys Hansens- Red & White on! Wet n' Wilds- Black Creme, Milani- Gold Glitz (awesome polish!) Green Glitter, White Glitter, RHINESTONES!, Seche-vite (of course!) & Random silver metallic polish I have had since I was like 12 haha

I started off with 2 coats of red. And let me say i was already in the holiday spirit! Then I started on my thumb (that being the easiest) I took different size rhinestones and from the tip worked my way down... not all the way, I started to taper off in the middle. Then I brought out some tape, I wanted to do stripes (because they are awesome!) so on my pinky I did diagonal and on my pointer finger I did horizontal. Pinky was super easy too, I taped off the parts I wanted  to keep red and then put seche- vite on and dumped a whole bunch of green glitter on! After the excess was off I just waited for it to dry. Pointer finger took a little longer, I taped off what I wanted to keep red, then painted white. Waited for it to dry, then took off that tape. Put tape over the white and red parts that I was going to keep and painted my nail with the Milani- Gold Glitz. While I had been waiting for paint to dry (Literally!)I worker on my middle finger and took the Glitter Striper polish and designed a snowflake, pured white glitter on that, then realized ou couldn’t really see the snowflake. I took the metallic silver and went over the lines and the added more white glitter and a rhinestone in the middle as you can see  in the picture of me waiting for the Gold Glitz to finish drying so I could take the tape off.




Then I did a make-shift snowman, was going to go with a christmas tree but I though my nails needed a little more white in them J I hope you guys like it! Theres plenty more holiday nails where this came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment