Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hello Kitty!

Hello All!

So I went a little Catty last night heehee. And like I mentioned before I have been practicing with other molds! Well, my bows finally came in! I have been planning these babies for a while, and I feel like I finally perfected the art of this. So here are my wise words... Try as best as you can to not have excess acrylic outside of the mold, THIN layers of nail polish if you are not using the colored acrylic you want & ONLY USE WHITE ACRYLIC. All of you can take my advice, I have just found that its easier with those 3 things... and I did some experimentation with UV gel & acrylic and every which way you can make it. Anyways :) before I bore you TOO much, let the nails begin!

What I used: White Tips, 1.5 mm Rhinestones (2 black, 1 yellow & 1 red), White acrylic, Wet N'Wilds- Black Creme, & Bow molds, Sally Hansen's-Red


I did the usual french tip :) and after an eternity of pain-staking-bow-making & painting time (it wasn't that bad!). I then got one of those little cuticle sticks that push the cuticles back (I never use it) and dipped one side in the Black Creme and then made 3 little lines on each side of my ring finger nail. I made the 3 dots (using my dotting tool)  2 black dots for the eyes & yello for the nose (pippa)
Then I started adding the bows :) Saving the best for last. I set the ring finger ow on and put the red rhinestone in the center, I looked at it and like it a lot! But something just felt off. Sooooo I took 2 little black rhinestones out of my pinwheel of rhinestones and one yellow and decided to use them last minute to make it pop :) never think that bling wont fix something, it adds depth, which adds UMFF haha.Finished it off with my UV Top Coat, let it cure for 3 minutes & I'm done



I Love the different sizes on the bows and that Hello Kitty's Face sticks out more with the rhinestones, Hope you Ladies like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment