Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cuppycakes! mmm Yummy!!!

Hi All!

These are probably my favorite nails yet! I love them! Not only are they pink, but they have cupcakes :) Which became an infamous word/nickname for my beautiful little nephew/godson when she first got pregnant with him! Haha yeah, we're pretty cool.

What I used: Besides a lot of time and patience! was this Mod Squad Pack(picture below), they didnt have a name on the bottle, & I used Sally Hansen's White On, with some Seche-Vite too! Along with my UV gel, my dotting utensil, UV Top coat , UV Lamp and Tape!
 To start off everything I put on my tips, then brought out the UV Gel. I have white UV gel so I used that so later on when I painted my nails I wouldn't have to worry about a line. After I did a thin coat of Gel and cured it for 3 mins in my UV Lamp i applied another thin coat and cured it again for 3 minutes. Then it was time to get down to business! I started off with what would be the most time consuming nial polish...the light pink! I aplied it to my ring finger,middle finger and thumb... and then the waiting game began. It took 4 good coats, and in between that I painted my pinky and index finger pink.
Then I did the easy part, the dots! I took a piece of paper, dabbed a little bit of Sally's White On! onto the paper and with the big ball of the pen I added dots to my pinky and index finger. I wont have to worry about those 2 fingers until its time to put on the UV top coat.

After it was all dry I added a top coat of Seche Vite to the Lighter pink/nude finger s(ring finger, middle finger and thumb). I did this so when i put the tape on it wouldn't peel of the nail polish I had just worked so hard on haha! I cute the tape into thin strips and placed them diagonal across my thumb and middle finger. Press on the tape so you can make sure that you get straight lines. (I dont know why I didnt take pictures of this process)



Once done put a piece of tape on the ring finger, not a thin piece though.I put the tape covering the nail that goes further then my finger. Paint the nail bed part with the darker pink.Wait for it to dry before taking off the tape, then, Cut up some more thin pieces of tape and when you take off the tape thats on your nail, put the new tape perpindicular to the line you have created.Bring out the darker pink again and paint over the tape. when its dry take it off, take your White On! and the dotting utensil and start making a fluffy looking cupcake, or which ever you prefer :) I added a 2mm rhinestone thats red to top it off! and put some nice shiny silvers,gold's and blue's to bedazzle the cupcake even more! hahaha
Top it off with a UV top coat, and if you cure it for 6 mins, it doesnt come out so tacky!

No comments:

Post a Comment