Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Toe-Tally Tuesday Pt.II !!!

Hi All!

Since I am in and animal print this week, I decided cheetah would be a good Toe-Tally Tuesday Design. But I wanted to mix it up a bit so I tried this little layering technique.

What you'll need to get this look: Jesse's Girl-Fool's Gold, Jordana-Mango, NYC in a minute quick dry-Times Square, Borghese- Booo Maraschino( that last one was on clearance at walgreens! One of sissy's and i many trips out to get nail polish heehee) and Wet n' Wild- Black Creme. I also used a makeup sponge, the triangle ones in particular because i had them already, but its easier to use because it has corners.. just my opinion :)
The reason I named those nail polish's off in that order is because that's how I used them.Start off with the base coat of fool's Gold, I used 2 coat's... its such a pretty color! Wait for it to dry, then take the sponge applicator and dab the corner on the brush part of the (in this case) Mango nail polish, don't put too much, you dont want it to be chunky. And thinner layers dry quicker.Start from the tip of your toe and sponge on the nail polish and let it taper off as you get it closer to the cuticle.. don't cover the whole nail bed, you want the gold to stand out! Then I took the Time Square and repeated the same step, started at the tip and tapered down to just before the Mange ended, it has a cool fading affect. Then you take the darkest color, which was my Borghese-Booo Maraschino and repeat the tapering to before times square.. sorry I forgot to take a picture! 


Then I took my M57 plate and used the Black Creme on the Cheetah design, did the usual of covering the plate and scraping and then stamping each one of my toes!... My pinky's were hard haha!
I love them! although my camera didnt do the nails justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment