Monday, October 17, 2011

SPOT-on!

Hi All! Over the weekend I recieved my very first uv lamp and gels, along with some dotting utensils...needless to say I squealed and called my big sissy Lex IMMEDIATELY! I think I stared in "awe" at everything for quite a while, organizing everything perfectly. I look like i have a personal salon taking over a good chunk of my living room haha. Last Friday i also bought this new Orly Nail polish called passion fruit, gorgeous color! Anyways, back to my nails!

What I used was the UV Nail lamp (36 watt), pink UV Gel, UV Cleanser(take off any tacky-ness), UV Top Coat,nail glue, 3 nail polishs, Pink and white 1.5 mm rhinestones and a dotting utensil. You dont have to use any of the UV Stuff, i have a problem of biting my nails and this keeps my hands out of my mouth. You can apply everything to your natural nail and just finish off with Seche-Vite.

I used Orly Passion Fruit, Sally Hansen's White On! and my trusty Wet n' Wild's Black creme. I did my nails with the usual white tip (so I could just paint over the white part and not have to measure).
I then applied the UV Pink gel in a thin layer evenly across all of the nails, this stuff is sticky so make sure the cleanser is next to you at all times! I cured it for 3 minutes, took a paper towel and the cleanser and washed off the extra tacky-ness then applied another coat and cured that for 3 more minutes. I then put nail polish over the 3 nails that were left white.
Dont worry about cleaning the excess off until your done, in my opinion its a waste of time :) I used 2 coats of the Sally Hansen's White on! for my pinky, only one coat of the Black Creme for my middle finger and I believe 3 coats of the Passion fruit for my thumb(you could still see where the line of the white tip was after 2 coats and it bugged me!) I took my dotting tool (the one with the biggest ball on the end) and on a piece of paper I put a small amount of the Passion Fruit and Black Creme so I could dip the tool in it (it's easier to do it this way so you can get a full circle instead of an oval) I dotted my pinky and thumb black and middle finger pink.

I then took out a couple of the pink and white rhinestones( you can use as many or little as you want) and from the top corner of my index finger I worked my way in diagonal alternating between pink and white. On my ring finger I cheated, i was going to originally use tape but I didnt want to waste time cutting the strips up, I get impatient! so with the smaller end of the dotting tool I poured out a little bit of White on! and Black Creme onto a piece of paper and use the circle to make a straight line. I know wish I had just used the tape, but its fine. I finished everything thing off with a UV Top coat and cured for 6 Minutes. And here is the amazing outcome, if i do say so myself ! haha

My camera makes the Passion Fruit darker then what is actually is.

I LOVE IT, do you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment