Thursday, November 10, 2011

Of Corset!

Oh hi!

Do you guys like my play on words? Of Corset you do! haha. Well, I see a lot of corset nails around, and I like the way they look, so I gave it a go.

What I used: Tape, Jesse's Girl-Glee, Sally Hansen's-White Pearl Metalic,Revlon- Silver Dollar, Wet n' Wild-Black Creme & Seche-Vite.


I did 2 coats of the Jesse's Girl- Glee polish. Which I absolutely LOOOVVVEEEE the color(and its not pink!) it reminds me of a mermaid eyeshadow that I had...sadly the eyeshadow as since been missplaced :( Anyways, so 2 basecoats of Glee, then its time for tape! Cut thin strips and place them on your fingers in a "V" (for me! haha) take Black Creme and all you need is one coat over the out side of the "V" ... notice how the color changes!
After your waiting pateiently for your nails to dry- and you touch them to make sure they are not even slightly wet! If you pull the tape off too soon, the nail polish is gooey and gross & it messes up your design.
Anyways pull the tape off slowly, and bring out your silver's. For the base I used the Sally Hansen White Pearl Metalic, I had a skinny brush tip made for line design's so I dipped it in the White Pearl, made little half circles. Waited for that to dry and went over the same circles with Revlon's Silver dollar.
Then with another skinny brush I dipped it in the Black Creme and made lines.And topped it off with Seche-Vite.

However, I will say this... these arent my favorite nails... and I think if I used a skinny one-haired painter's brush and got the lines thin then I would have been more satisfied. Just my tip if you guys want to do this at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment