Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Toe-Tally Tuesday!

Oh Hi!

So I bought my first molds this week, not the disgusting ones that grow on dirty things, but the pretty ones with designs like butterflies, candy and flowers in it :) haha anyways, I was sooo excited to finally get to use them! I got them for a great deal too! so expect some 3D snowflakes for the christmas season!

What I Used: Zoya- Midori, rose molds & random colors I wanted my flowers to be haha



I did 2 layers of Midori, and then got to work on the roses, I had to fill the molds with UV Gel or Acrylic... I tried UV at first thinking it would be easier, but I didnt like it very much. It was a lot harder to work with because it has a sticky consistency/texture. So I used just clear Acrylic (I dont have any white..yet!) which made it easier for me to put it in the mold. So that was a huge plus++. SO once all that jazz was done I grabbed random nail polishes for flower colors and made a light coat of nail polish(too thick you wont be able to see the design.... I learned this the hard way) and then wait for it to dry and apply! I went a little crazy with them because I wanted to use them and see how they would turn out... and how durable they are (very). I would either use color acrylic next time for the molds or at least a white acrylic, the clear made the nail polish look transperent and you really cant do that many coats.

I like the way the right foot came out more, but i do <3 the pink flower on my left pig toe :) What do you guys think?


2 comments:

  1. Vienna! It's Grace, and I just wanna say I want these adorable flowers on my toes! You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can deff do it for you Grace :)

    ReplyDelete